- You need an alarm to wake up.
- You use the snooze button on your alarm more than twice.
- You fall asleep in fewer than 10 minutes.
- Simple decisions stump you.
- You're still hungry after eating all day.
- You keep coming down with colds.
- Weird things make you cry.
- You've become a klutz.
wow - 6/8 for me o_O especially during the workweek lol, even as I typed this I'm zoning in and out Zzzzzz
So today I scoured the web for tips and here is what I found:
- Make Sleep a Priority - turn off that iPhone, comp or tv asap when you feel drowsy
- Have a sleep-inducing snack - Certain foods can help induce sleepiness:
- HONEY- Add a drizzle of honey to warm milk or herbal tea
- DAIRY - It's true, that warm glass of milk your mom gave you when you were a kid does help you sleep better.
- POULTRY - It's not just turkey that contains sleep-inducing tryptophan; all poultry does.
- TEA - mug of chamomile tea before you go to bed is effective
- Relax with yoga & clear your mind
- Consistency is key: Try to maintain a consistent sleep schedule each day of the week, even on weekends. Getting up and going to bed at the same time everyday will help your body fall into a natural rhythm, so it knows when to sleep, and when to be awake.
I'll def. be trying these tips as of tonight & hope Mr. Sandman visits for a restful sleep. See you in dream land...