- Don't allow outside sources to determine your self-esteem!
It's important to have trust in your abilities and strong suits, regardless of how they compare to others.
- Cook at home.You will maintain a healthy weight, save tons of money and impress family and friends
- Learn how to live comfortably within your budget.
Make a budget and stick to it! Pay off your credit cards every month. Learn to cook for yourself.
- If it hurts, don’t wear it.
At some point the pain will show, you can only pretend to be comfortable for so long
- Wear sunscreen!
It'll save you from showing signs of early aging.
- Find out what colour clothes/make-up makes your eyes pop and skin glow.
Play around with this, take pictures and see what works
- No one keeps secrets.
Remember this when you’re telling you’re people all your business.
- If you don't know, ASK.You know that saying about assuming (it makes an ass out of you and me)? That's true.
- Take a deep breath - It’s cool, we're all human and make mistakes. No need to have an outburst in public - you'll look like a fool to others.
- Jealousy and envy are wasted emotions and green is such an ugly colour :P
- It’s OK to change
Change is growth.
- Live an active life style.
I'm not lecturing you to sign up for the gym or start running - just walk - to work, groceries or just about anywhere within a 3 mile radius. If you make it a daily activity, you'll reap the rewards of living longer and healthier.
- You don’t always get what you want,
or when you want, even if you work tirelessly on it and have great ambition. Sometimes you will fail and you’ll have to quit. And that’s okay.
- Trust your gut. Really.
If someone/something feels suspicious, follow your intuition. It could save your life.
- Practice letting go.
Let go of ideals, old patterns that no longer serve you. Resentment consumes space and blocks clarity. Release the past: thank it for happening, for directing you. Then, let it go.
Too often we rush from one accomplishment to another. Know that this moment, this feat, will never again repeat itself in the same way. Cheers!
- Rest is the most important ingredient to fully performing well.
Get sleep – it is our #1 tool to heal and to protect our bodies.
- Complaining, criticizing and gossiping...
just don't do it! It's a waste of time and saps your energy.
- Learn to say NO!
If you don’t want to do something—go to a party, accept an obligation, meet someone—just say “no, thank you.” You don’t owe anyone an excuse or explanation.
- Drink lots of water.
- Processed carbohydrates and sugars are yucky.
It's not hard to switch to wholewheat bread and noodles or substitute cinnamon honey, maple syrup, raw sugar for the white stuff. It's tasty and you'll feel better!
- Floss :D
- Never stop learning.
- If it takes you more than five words to order your coffee STOP All the unnecessary syrups and whipped cream aren't good for you.
- Friends really do come and go. Some come back. Some don’t. That’s OK.
- Training or Running Shoe?!?
both - your feet need different types of support when it comes to doing different activities.
- You should play on a swing set at least once every year It's guaranteed to bring a smile to your face, even on a bad day.
- If you can’t sing, sing anyway.
Especially at karaoke or at home playing LIPS on Xbox
- You’re only as old as you feel ;-)
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
30 truths I've learned
My 30th birthday is in 2 weeks and I'm excited and ready to embrace the thirties. Tons of people say that your thirties are the best decade of your life, and I'm choosing to believe them. I grow each year and continue to learn through fumbles and mistakes. I’m definitely not perfect, but I think each year brings more wisdom.