To make sure you stay active every day I suggest doing the following:
- Always have your gym bag in the car ready to go, just in case your day changes.
- Can’t get to the gym? Do something different: jump rope, run, dance.
- Instead of meeting friends for coffee or a drink, make it a power walk get-together.
- Get the family moving - take to the ice or go on a brisk hike
- Park further away from the door, skip the elevator and escalator esp when hitting the malls and take the stairs, get off the bus or train a stop earlier.
- When watching TV, do push-ups and sit-ups during the commercials. If you have a treadmill, jump on. Don’t forget to grab the dumbbells and get some bicep and triceps work in.
- Increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Stuck inside because of a blizzard? Get the NIKE TRAINING CLUB app - no gym req! Or simply do a quick search on YouTube of workouts. My favorite fitness gurus are: Jenae Frick of YOGA.EAT.RUN , Renisha James of Renewed Fitness and Cassey Ho of Blogilates - these ladies will make you sore and look fab
- Add workout clothes or gear to your wish list. If you look good, you feel good. And if you feel good, you'll sweat more!
No matter what you do, be sure to fit some activity into your day. Not only will you increase your energy, you’ll bolster your immune system and burn calories.
Happy training :)